Sunday, May 15, 2011

Brighton and Sherlock Holmes Museum

Who knew there were beaches in England? Well, I guess I did, but I didn't think I would get to go to one!

It was interesting the beach was made of pebbles and not sand



Me and Camille. We were so excited to be in Brighton!






They had an amazing pier. I kept thinking I was in California until I heard soomeone talking with a British accent. It was strange to be at a beach in England. That just feels like such an American thing, you know? But it was great!





We also went to the Royal Pavillion, which was King George the 4th's beach house. It was GOREGOUS. We went inside but no photography was allowed which was too bad because it was so beautiful! That guy liked the show off his wealth!


It was really interesting because it looked kind of Arabian to me on the outside but inside the decor was very Chinese and this was a British king.  It was strange.


We had made some friends a few weeks ago at the Royal Wedding and they lived in Brighton so we met up with them and had such a fun night! They are so nice! They asked me to say someting in a British accent and when I did, they doubled over in laughter because it was so bad. And when I asked for mayonaise when we were at a cafe, they laughed even harder because they thought I said it so funny. It was so much fun to spend time with the locals. And you probably notice how sun burned I was! I forgot to bring my sunscreen to the beach! My hair is also very wavy thanks to the humidity.



The next day, I went to the Sherlock Holmes Museum. It was lots of fun. I feel like I've been saying that alot but everything really is so much fun!







Creepy wax boy that scared me to death when I walked up the stairs.


Oh Sherlock. You're just so funny!



They had alot of creepy wax people.






I'm off to Rome on Tuesday! That's gonna be a very long blog post, I can guarentee! Ill be gone all week so talk to you then!



3 comments:

  1. So fun! I have never done either of those things! Too bad my art history professor wasn't with you at the beach house. He could have explained the entire Chinese/Arab decor thing - it was a phase they went though. Anyway, have a GREAT FABULOUS WONDERFUL time in magical Rome! Watch Roman Holiday with Audrey Hepburn if you haven't seen it before.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is so fun to read about all of your adventures. It looks like you're having so much fun! Sorry I missed your phone call yesterday. Have fun in Rome!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Watch out for those "Roman hands!"

    ReplyDelete