Sunday, May 8, 2011

Celebrities and Buckingham Palace

A few days ago, I went on the Big Bus Tour around London. It was so much fun! It was nice to see London without walking. We sat on the top level and it was a beautiful day.


Me and my friend Casmine on the bus.




I love the streets here.

The bus took us to Mayfair, which is a really fancy part of London with lots of shops and really nice apartments.



We got off the Bus at St Paul's Cathedral.  This is where Princess Diana got married. I learned on the tour that why she decided to get married at St. Paul's instead of Westminster was just because the accoustics were better.







We passed under Tower Bridge



Then we hopped on a ferry and went to Greenwich.


We went to a market there where they had lots of cute little things.







They separate the bridge sometimes to let big boats through. It was cool to see.




The next day, we went to Buckingham Palace and took a tour of the Royal Mews. The Royal Mews are where they keep all the carriages and horses. 

Buckingham Palace is so beautiful




This is the balcony where Kate and Will had their first kiss as a married couple.



The Royal Horses


This is the carriage the Princess Diana Rode in to her wedding



This is the Rolls Royce Kate rode in to her wedding


This is the carriage Kate and Will rode in after the wedding



Aren't I so royal?



That night I saw Mousetrap. It is the longest running play in history, in it's 59th year. It was amazing. And I guessed who the murderer was!




The next day was the Globe tour! And here is where I had celebrity sighting number one.  Here are are finallyy pictures of the Globe.


For those of you who watched Fresh Prince of Bel Air on TV back in the day, you probably remember the character Geoffrey, who was the butler. Ya. He is the black guy on stage on the right in this picture.


I wasn't allowed to take pictures, so I had to sneak the above picture you see, so that's why its not very good. But during the tour, we got to sit in on the rehearsal of Much Ado About Nothing, which this actor is in. We also ran into him behind the theatre as we were walking by and we were all staring at him and he just smiled politley and chuckled at us while he stood there and smoked.

Then we went to Borough Market. It was so fun and had so many different kinds of food!









I also went to the Clink Prison Museum. It was gruesome. You don't need to see pictures. Let's just say I got very educated on how they tortured people back then.

Now for celebrity sighting number two. I was at my apartment when my friend came in and said Anne Hathaway was on our street. I jumped out my chair, ran into the living room, and exclaimed "who wants to go with me? We gotta go see her?" My friend Amy jumped up and we ran out of the apartment. We were so frazzled that then we realized we didn't have keys and couldn't get back in and started screaming at each other that we didn't have keys. We scrambled to get back inside and Amy hurridly grabbed keys out of her bag while I yelled at her to hurry. Ya. We were freaking out and really excited to see Anne Hathaway. We booked it out of the apartment while still yelling at each other at how excited we were to see Anne. We ran down the street, and saw a small clump of people. There was Anne Hathaway, 10 feet away from me, doing a photo shoot. We wanted to take pictures, but one of her assistants came up to us an asked us not to. She was jumping in the air and attempting to do the splits. She was laughing and really smiley.  Her outfit was ugly. It was black and red striped cardigain that was really baggy and her shoes were black heels that were only about an inch. We watched her for about five minutes and then her and her crew packed up and she crossed the street, with her around around her makeup artist, and went into The Gore hotel. It was surreal. She was so close.

Sorry this blog post was so long! That's what happens when I don't post for a few days!

1 comment:

  1. You are so lucky to get to do so many super fun things! I can't believe you saw Anne Hathaway! That is so fun. When Andi and I were in London we saw someone famous as well - Julia Stiles. Anne is way more well-known and popular though!

    ReplyDelete