Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Tower of London and London Temple

As a class yesterday, we went to the Tower of London


For a long time, I thought this bridge was called London Bridge, but it's called Tower Bridge. Makes sense, since it is directly across the river from the Tower of London.


This is where they brought traitors in by a boat.



They have awesome people in costumes walking around. I want her dress.


Despite all the cruelty that went on here, it still is a pretty place.


Not sure why they had a dragon, but okay..


Royal armor



White tower



I took this picture from the tower where they kept the prisoners, and I was thinking about how awful it would be to look out this window and see the world and know you were stuck in a tiny tower. It made me sad. That would be so awful.


I saw alot of other stuff too, but photography wasn't allowed in most of the buildings.  But I saw Crown Jewels (of course), the torture tower, the White Tower, the Bloody Tower, and the Beauchamp Tower. And a couple of chapels. It is a very large place.

The next day, we went to the London Temple as a group and did baptisms. It was so great!!



I feel like I post alot of the same picture. Cool foreign building. Lauren standing in front of cool foreign building smiling. Example 1:


The grounds were SO GOREGOUS





These are my roommates. I love them.



The temple actually isn't in London, it's in Sussex so we took a train. It was fun!


Victoria train station



I am so much enjoying my time here!!



1 comment:

  1. Two awesome activities! The temple is so gorgeous - I wish you could see the inside - AMAZING! I'll never forget it. My question is how did you get from the train station to the temple? Hopefully you didn't walk - it is far!

    ReplyDelete