Friday, May 6, 2011

My Neighborhood

I have been wanting to post this since I got here but haven't had a chance. I know I showed my apartment, but I wanted to show my neighborhood! It's so pretty!

This is what I see when I walk out of my apartment



And then I walk about 15 minutes to the tube.








                                                           
                                                                    And then I get to my tube stop


And I come into the station


And go to my many adventures!

It's a great neighborhood. I feel very safe and secure there and its really nice. The park is right across the street and lots of little shops and grocery stores nearby.  Its wonderful!

I don't think I have said what I'm studying here and what program I am in. I am in a Theatre Study Abroad with BYU. I am such a traitor. I go to the U and am doing a BYU study abroad. I take two classes here: Shakespeare and British Theatre Studies. We read plays in both those classes and then go see the shows here in London. I often forget about homework because I keep thinking I'm just here to play! But I do have to write papers and stuff. We have alot of free time. We have class in  the mornings in a church building and we see a show as a class every week.  Sometimes two a week. We also do activities together, like going on tours and going to museums. But the majority of my time is free. It's really nice because we get to see and go and do what we want. There are two professors here that came with us, but we don't see them that much; just in class.

On my walk to the church where we have class, this what I see everyday and it always makes me laugh.


I walk through the campus of this college twice a week and it's a really nice college. It makes me want to go here.


I've been in other neighborhoods since being here, and I'm really glad I live in Kensington!









1 comment: