Saturday, May 28, 2011

Kew Gardens and Dover Castle


A few days ago, as a class, we went to Kew Gardens. It was so beautiful and so big.


There was a peacock just walking around the grounds!


Water lily room


Me and my friend Camille



This plant grows like 3 inches a day. So fast.


Rainforest room.



It was so humid in there. Thank you dad for giving me your wavy hair that flares up in humidity.


They had lots of fake big tropical animals.





I saw Legally Blonde: The Musical after that. It was so much fun! I LOVED it! It was the most fun I had had as an audience member in a long time.



The theatre.


The next day I went to Dover Castle. It is in a city a 2 hour train ride away from London.

Classic telephone booth picture.


Welcome to my home.




This is the English Channel. On a clear day, you can see the coast of France. You can kind of see it,  that grey line in the distance.


More castle


This tunnel was really dark and we couldn't really see anything, so I went in first and after a few steps screamed "oh my gosh you guys, there's a skeleton in here!" Camille screamed bloody murder and ran out of the tunnel. I was laughing so hard my stomach hurt.



Andrea was kind enough to be the prince that day. Her "proposing" in the castle.


Beautiful view.



When me and Camille decided to go to Dover, she said she wanted us to wear dresses and pretend we were princesses and run around like we owned the place. Of course I was down with that. So this is us, the two princesses with our kingdom in the background.





This in the tunnels. They were creepy.


Cannons, man.


White cliffs of Dover



Thanks for reading!



2 comments:

  1. I love that you guys pretended to be princesses for the day! What a fun trip! Camille looks like a lot of fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so glad that you are in London and that you are sharing this experience with us on the blog. You look beautiful.

    ReplyDelete